June to Labor Day
- Saturday, Sunday, 4th of July 9:00-8:00
- Monday - Friday 10:00-8:00
Labor Day to Sept. 30
- Saturday, Sunday, Labor Day 9:00-6:00
- Wednesday - Friday 10:00-6:00
- Saturday, Sunday 9:00-6:00
- Friday 12:00-5:00
- Columbus Day (Monday, Oct. 10th) 12:00-5:00
Tower Rd. west of Forest Way
All rental trips are round-trips.
- single kayaks $15/hr. (1 hour minimum)
- canoes & tandem kayaks $20/hr (1 hour minimum)
- day rate is equal to 4 hours (after 4 hours we stop charging)
- River Rambler Club - four trips and the fifth is free (2 hours)
Reservations not required
- Groups or for people coming at peak hours can ask us to reserve boats by e-mail a day in advance, or by phone.
- Include which launch, boats desired, time and day you're coming, roughly how long you'll be on the water, and a phone number.
Guided trips near the Lagoons
- The Des Plaines River trip will take you on a twisting route through the woods, launching in a park in River Woods near Deerfield Rd., and landing in a forest preserve in Mt. Prospect just south of Lake Ave/Euclid.
The area traditionally known as the Skokie Lagoons is part of the old Skokie Marsh, which included much of the upper north branch. The wetlands were dug out into interconnected ponds during the 1930's. We're going to refer to the area simply as The Lagoons to avoid confusion with a canoe launch in the village of Skokie (which also includes parts of the former marsh.)