Opening Day - May 1st
3400 N. Rockwell
- Chicago Launch Map & Directions
- There are two buildings at the site. If you walk in between the buildings, you'll see us on right side by the doors closest to the water.
All rental trips are round-trips.
- We send beginners north from the Chicago launch so that the current will help bring you back.
- Most participants just come and rent a boat on their own, but we also offer some fun guided trips:
Fridays: 1 pm - 5 pm
Saturdays & Sundays 7 Memorial Day: 9 am - 5 pm
JUNE - LABOR DAY
Wednesday-Friday: 1 - 6
Saturdays, Sundays, 4th of July: 9 - 6
SEPTEMBER (After Labor Day) OCTOBER
Fridays, 11 -6
- single kayaks $15/hr. (1-hour minimum)
- canoes and tandem kayaks $20/hr (1-hour minimum)
- day rate is equal to 4 hours (after 4 hours we stop charging)
- River Rambler Club - five trips and the sixth is free (a trip of similar duration to those paid for)
Reservations not required
- Groups or for people coming at peak hours can ask us to reserve boats by e-mail a day in advance, or by phone.
- Include which launch, boats desired, time and day you're coming, roughly how long you'll be on the water, and a phone number.