At the Busse Lake, you can rent a canoe, kayak, row boat or jon boat and explore in a serene and lovely forest preserve setting.
April - October
- 6:00 am to 7:30 pm
- Last boat leaves an hour and a half before sunset
- Boats must return by half an hour before sunset
From Higgins Rd. just west of Arlington Hts. Rd., look on the south side of the road for the turn to the Busse Lake Boating Center.
All rental trips are round-trips.
- single kayaks $15/hr. (1 hour minimum)
- canoes & tandem kayaks $20/hr (1 hour minimum)
- jon boats $20/hr (2 hour minimum)
- day rate is equal to 3 hours (after 3 hours we stop charging)
- River Rambler Club - five trips and the sixth is free (a trip of similar duration to those paid for)
Reservations not required
- Groups or people coming at peak hours can ask us to reserve boats by e-mail or phone at least a day in advance. If the day you want to paddle has already arrived, it's too late to reserve, but just come over - we'll most likely have boats for you.
- Include which launch, boats desired, time and day you're coming, roughly how long you'll be on the water, and a phone number.